A Relaxing Day At Sea (Finally!!!)


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Sicily
June 20th 2014
Published: June 6th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 37.2206, 11.6421

A Day At Sea. Finally a day to relax!!! Except I was awake at 5:45 and gave up and got out of bed at 6:00. I did laundry and sat on the verandah until Nikki woke up. Then we spent the morning just lying around the stateroom until we needed to head up to Palo for brunch.

Regan met us up there and we were seated. Kat, our server, soon came to meet us and take us on a tour of the buffet. We had a nice table by the window and had a great meal as always.

During the day we passed between the island of Sicily and the mainland of Italy. The channel is, at its narrowest 1.9 miles wide and a depth of between 300 and 700 feet. It was really cool to sail through.

We went back to our room and Kelsie called to see what we were doing. And we invited her to the room to figure out what we were going to do.

We decided to take advantage of the Mediterranean Sun and lay out on the deck for a while. It was a beautiful sunny day. While we were up there, I rode the Aqua Dunk and Nikki and I got in the pool for a little while too.

We then cleaned up and Nikki and I went to see Maleficent since she hadn't seen it the other night. During the movie I snuck out and went to play Disney Music Trivia with Regan and Kelsie. We didn't win this time but came in second.

After the movie we relaxed in the room before heading to Lumiere's for dinner, followed by our walk, a little shopping and then "Twice Charmed."

Tomorrow is an early day so we tried to get in bed on time.

Dinner:
Ric: Duck Quesadilla, salad, Vegetarian Lasagna, and Cheese Cake
Nikki: Mushroom Ravioli with Butternut Squash sauce and Bread Pudding
Regan: Goat Cheese, salad, Mushroom Ravioli with Butternut Squash sauce and Bread Pudding
Kelsie: Goat Cheese, Potato and Sausage Soup, Steak and Bread Pudding



Advertisement



Tot: 0.1s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0508s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.2mb