Monash to Milano in 30 hours


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lombardy » Milan
August 10th 2017
Published: August 10th 2017
Edit Blog Post

I am writing this at 36,000ft believing that we will eventually arrive - we have just under 3 hours to go - easy when fuelled with excellent coffee and sweet treats at 2am in Dubai. The sunrise was a beautiful surprise and a reminder of Psalm 118:24 “This is the day the Lord has made, we will rejoice and be glad in it”. This is indeed another new day and while we might not be in any state to make the absolute best of it, we will give it a red, hot crack ?

Back where our last Great Adventure began - Milano. We have refuelled with coffee and a local delicacy and wandered around the beautiful (such an inadequate description) Duomo (the wedding cake cathedral) and surrounds.

This time we are right in the city centre where there is already so much to see. We are trying not to take photos of anything we did before so here is a statue of Cesare Beccaria a well known criminologist, jurist, philosopher, politician and lawyer. He is considered the father of criminal law and criminal justice. One of 4 statues of different famous Milanese we have seen so far.

It is very quiet here which is surprising and suits us fine. Our driver from the airport suggested it is because “Milano is so boring, you can see it in a day”!! We beg to differ and look forward to proving him wrong.

Showered and ready for bed … one minor problem … it is 12.15pm - could be a very long afternoon!!

Ciao


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



10th August 2017

Ah,yes! We remember it well! That yearning to fall into bed at the wrong time of day. We hope you managed to stay upright till a reasonable hour, and then slept past 2am. Enjoy the day in "boring" Milano.
11th August 2017

Will enjoy your trip comments as usual. Sounds wonderful that Milano is so empty. Sounds perfect to me.
12th August 2017

SAFE TRAVELS
I look forward to seeing and reading of all your adventures. Enjoy exploring ... and time journeying with your travel companions. Love and blessings. BARB

Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0542s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb