A Quick Look at Milan in a Day


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lombardy » Milan
October 4th 2014
Published: June 21st 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 45.4643, 9.18951

After breakfast in the hotel, we left to wander around the Galleria Emanuelle shopping arcade, followed by a visit to La Scala Opera. Unfortunately we couldn't do the usual tour as there was a rehearsal for the ballet in progress.

We still did the reduced tour and were able to spend some time watching the rehearsal through plastic windows which was totally fascinating. G and I aren't in to opera, but still loved the museum and the gorgeous costumes.

We stopped for a panini and a glass of wine for lunch at a street side bar that was on the way to the Santa Maria delle Grazie where we had tickets to see the Last Supper. We had a lot of trouble booking these tickets, in fact I made 96 (that's right 96!) calls to Milan without being able to get through. Finally we asked our hotel to try and get some for us and luckily they were able to do so.

The Last Supper was totally amazing. First we had to spend a few minutes being dehumidified before being allowed into the room with the painting. Our group then were allowed 15 minutes which was plenty of time to thoroughly enjoy the experience.

We then wandered back to the hotel passing through the Castella Sforzesco and walking and window shopping our way down Via Dante.

After changing we then caught a taxi to the Bulgari Hotel where we thoroughly enjoyed Aperitivi in their beautiful garden. While lots of food was offered with our very expensive drinks, we were still slightly hungry after a couple of hours. Unfortunately all their tables for dinner were booked out, but they were happy to serve us Club Sandwiches out in the garden which were delicious.

We then headed back to Gran Duca di York to pack up ready for our train trip to Venice the next morning.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Aperitivo at in the Garden of Bulgari Hotel Aperitivo at in the Garden of Bulgari Hotel
Aperitivo at in the Garden of Bulgari Hotel

Aperitivo at Bulgari Hotel 04-10-14


Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0344s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb