The Return of the Missing Phone


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lombardy » Milan
October 3rd 2014
Published: June 21st 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 45.4643, 9.18951

After our final breakfast looking at the lovely view of Lake Como, we left for Milan.

We had organised a driver through the Metropole, Fabio Fantoni, for the transfer which worked very well.


After we arrived in Milan, we were able to check into our hotel, the Gran Duca di York nice and early. After dropping our luggage the front desk explained how to get to the railway station and we headed straight there to catch the train to Malpensa airport.

We were very happy with our room - not only was the cost incredibly reasonable, it was a lovely sunny room with a balcony and a complimentary mini bar, non alcohol only as well as excellent free wifi. Our review can be read here:

http://www.tripadvisor.com.au/ShowUserReviews-g187849-d237312-r241910044-Gran_Duca_di_York-Milan_Lombardy.html

It was an easy walk to Cadorna station and we didn't have long to wait for a train. It took less than an hour to reach Malpensa and luckily once we got to the Emirates office, there was G's phone, which was a great relief. We decided to have lunch at Malpensa, a ham and cheese focaccia. Big mistake, food was terrible. Foolishly we thought Italian airport food would be better than in other places. Wrong, wrong!


After returning to Milan we immediately visited the Duomo. What a spectacular building, especially the climb on the roof.



We then spent a little time people watching in Piazza del Duomo at a cafe with a perfect view of the late Friday after work crowd. We enjoyed a glass of wine with some delicious snacks before returning to the hotel to freshen up and unpack some of our things.

We dined at a restaurant recommended by our hotel – Trattoria Milanese.


This was a very traditional Italian restaurant, the menu was in Italian only, but the waiters were very helpful and it was fairly easy to work out what everything was. We both shared Risotto Milanese as a starter which was totally delicious. G then had a Milanese traditional braised beef, whereas I had the Veal Cotoletta which was superb. A very nice meal indeed and G spent the rest of the holiday trying other Cotoletta's and regretting that he hadn't eaten it too. A great reason to get back to Milan one day.


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

Veal Cotoletta Milanese at Trattoria MilaneseVeal Cotoletta Milanese at Trattoria Milanese
Veal Cotoletta Milanese at Trattoria Milanese

Cotoletta A La Milanese at Trattoria Milanese 03-10-14
Trattoria MilaneseTrattoria Milanese
Trattoria Milanese

Entertainment at Trattoria Milanese 03-10-14


Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0331s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb