Day 21


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lombardy » Milan
June 8th 2015
Published: June 9th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Travelling day today as we catch two trains to get to Milan.

Left Lyon about 10.30 for the first trip into Geneva Swiizerland.

We follow a river all the way up as the scenery changes into the mountains.

There was no passport control, but police are on the train and check all passengers.

Arriving at Geneva, walk through customs and they are just randomly checking a few, but not us.

We had an hour between trains, which is enough to get your bearings and double check the next train you get on is the right one.

Buying Subway for lunch unaware that we need Swiss Franks and if we gave them Euro, we would only get Swiss money for the change. Not something you think about, just used the Visa card.

Back on the next train and the scenery from Geneva to Milan was breathtaking.

I call Michelle "grasshopper" as she was jumping from one side of the train to the other taking way too many photos.

Out of Geneva you follow the lake surroundend by townships. It is one of the largest lakes in Europe and covers 580 sq kms.

Continuing along the journey and the Swiss Alps are in the distance, still with some snow left on a few of the higher ones.

Leaving Switzerland and heading into Italy there are more lakes with small commutites all the way down to Milan.

The four hour journey goes quick as the changing scenery keeps you interested and grasshopper hasn't sat still the whole way.

Arriving at Milan we are amazed at the architecture of the train station and will go back for some pics.

With some rain around we head off on foot to find our hotel, which we know is close by.

Walk here, walk there, directions here, directions there and we have circled it three times until we find it.

A bit late, but trip advisor tells us there is a high rated cafe very close, so we settle for our first pizza and spag bowl in Italy and it doesn't disappoint.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.031s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0459s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb