Day 22


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lombardy » Milan
June 9th 2015
Published: June 10th 2015
Edit Blog Post

New place so we start out on foot with map as usual.

We weave our way down the streets to the visitor centre as that is our meeting point for day tours later in the week.

Walking around the Stoza Castle at one end of town, we follow the crowd down to the church and museum.

The Duomo de Milano church is another magnificent gothic Italian designed structure and follows the theme from the previous countries where it is a main tourist hub.

The building itself has a lot of scaffolding and repairs to it, as it is deteriorating over time.

Not that keen to stand in line for tickets, we leave it for later in the week.

Having know pre conceived ideas about these places brings us many surprises.

Knowing Milan is the shopping capital, we head into that district to explore the world leading brand names in fashion and retail.

Window shopping was the order of the day, as we skipped from one fancy retailer to the next.

While browsing "Dolce & Gabbana" we did notice a bag that might go well with Michelle's $20 top. It's price tag was $3,900 Euros.

Those that have tread the path before us realise the size of this district and the endless choice for the fashion concisous.

We felt underdressed as shorts and runners was really our only option with the day being very hot and humid.

The Europeans love the show and were all dressed for a day of high end shopping no matter how hot they might get.

After 5 hours or so we make it back and have a break.

Not much happening and refreshed we them test the underground system, buying a ticket and travel to some of the places we had walked, noticing the trains are older, noisier and dirtier than London, Paris and Lyon.

"A couple of unusual things was the number of grates in every footpath, which would be ventilation for the underground trains. Didn't see as many of these in other countries with undergrounds.

Also the army all wear black feathers in their caps and the Italian police are dressed a lot more casual than any others we have seen, with a lot wearing polo tops and looking less Authoritarian

All useless information but noted anyway.

Too tired for a fancy tea,so back to our little Italian cafe where we are now regulars.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.179s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.1241s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb