Day 20


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Rhône-Alpes » Lyon
June 7th 2015
Published: June 8th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Lazy morning as we head off to walk off a big brekky.

Back on the tube and down to old Lyon again.

Something different this morning as a teenage boy joins us on the train, playing the piano accordion.

He then sends possibly his sister who is 8-10 with a cup asking for money. We thought we had seen all the beggars and gypsies different ways, but this was unique.

Reaching old Lyon this time we turn left not right and start exploring the myriad of cobblestone alleys. In the alleys there is plenty to see and you can wander from one to another for hours.

Next we head to the river Saone and look for a boat cruise.

Not much happening so we walk along the river for a few kms before heading up and over to the other river.

The landscape is dramatic and you have to climb many steep stairs to get from one side to the other.

We end up in a centre square with a big fountain in front of the museum, a good spot for afternoon refreshments.

Back on the tube for a couple of train stops, puts us on our doorstep, just in time for Michelle to catch the Fench Open tennis final.

A big storm rolls in, which is the first time we have seen rain on this trip.

Off to Milan tomorrow via train.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.12s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0524s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb