Gender Roles


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lombardy » Milan
October 9th 2013
Published: October 9th 2013
Edit Blog Post

How do gender roles differ from Italy and the United States?

http://students.depaul.edu/~jborger/

Italy as a whole has more power than the U.S does. Why is this? This is because Italy has gender rolls broken down a bit. Individualism is also a major part of the Italian culture in relation to gender roles. Individualism is when a person is responsible for themselves and their close family which would be mainly siblings. This shapes the person's identity because they are born into collective culture where customs and certain things stay the way they are up until that person matures. The way men and women were raised build up gender roles. Gender roles are almost similar to the U.S gender roles. Italy happens to be a masculine society which means men are stronger and make the society progress. Italy's society is a little more muscular than the U.S's society. Men have the harder jobs in the workforce while some women, a small amount, have jobs in workforce. Women in Italy are mostly homemakers. They spend a lot of their day cooking and cleaning while caring for their children. Here in the U.S there are stay at home moms, but you see more of it in Italy. Overall Italy has a more powerful setting based on gender roles than the U.S does. The men in Italy happen to be more dominate, but it does not seem to be a problem.

Gender roles in the United States and Italy are slightly different. While the men in both places are more higher, in Italy the men are more dominate compared to men in the U.S. Women in Italy are mostly homemakers whereas here in the U.S there are woman police officers, firewomen, and so on. Italy is well held together. The gender roles there work fine as they have for many years. Men have always been more dominate, but in Italy and the U.S some women have stepped up.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.101s; Tpl: 0.021s; cc: 9; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0701s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1mb