Milan's Art


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lombardy » Milan
September 26th 2013
Published: September 26th 2013
Edit Blog Post

What are popular forms of art in Milan? What makes the art in Milan so significant?

http://www.saylor.org/site/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/ARTH-206-MilanCath.pdf

What makes Milan so unique is all of the amazing art work on the streets of Milan. Yes, many places in Europe have beautiful oh so delicate art work, but something about Milan just stands out. Art in Milan is made up of many paintings, statues, and architecture. These forms of art began around the 1380's when many cathedrals were built. Cathedrals are large churches and when they were first made the architecture was very different as the time changed. Just like trends today, back then trends also changed. They were built in different styles, had skilled designs, they were made with different materials at time, and the cathedrals looked different each time one was built because it took an extremely large amount of time to build. So when one was built, another was being built years later.

Milan contains a lot of historic art people enjoy seeing. The cathedrals are attractions in Milan that people are also able to learn the history of. It's so ironic that some may say they dislike the old and love the new, but in so many places like Milan the "old" holds so much more than the "new" does. Art has history that can tell a life time! In Milan there is much to learn about the architecture and other forms of art people love to look at. The quality truly matters in art and Milan sure offers quality and beauty of historic attractions that are still significant today.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0299s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb