Weather got its revenge


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lombardy » Lezzeno
October 3rd 2015
Published: December 13th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 45.9458, 9.19024

After all the beautiful weather we have enjoyed, it finally turned on us. We were not able to ride a ferry to towns we wanted to visit. Instead we had, for us, an unusual lunch (HP had three small fish that were caught in the lake, and Bird had Buckwheat stuffed Ravioli with the stuffing consisting of Lake fish and Cheese). HP preferred hers, but she refused to share. The lunch, and sitting in the apt complaining of the weather, took us until 2pm. Something of a break then ensued. At least the rain ended. Too late for a ferry, so we drove ostensibly to Bellagio. Actually the navigator sent us in the opposite direction.

Have we told you about the roads around this lake? They are bit larger than a normal lane yet two cars (and sometimes buses, etc.) must fit. Terrifying! Bird would inform HP of the distance from the right edge or wall... 18 inches was wonderful, nine inches not so much. HP would attempt to insure his mirror did not engage with an adversary. On one occasion he swore it went below. Do not desire to do that again.

So our only touring consisted of this car terror and some views around our apt. The lake is very large, certainly has an immense shoreline. There are many villages dotted about the lake, but we only took a few pictures of some across it, and did not use much of a telephoto lens. Sorry.

Tomorrow the weather is similar, but we are traveling to Lake Maggiore so not a lot of outside sightseeing. The next day should be better. Perhaps we can take a better tour of that lake.

Go Dawgs and Jackets.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.234s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0532s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb