A long day for the trip south


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lombardy » Bellagio
October 2nd 2015
Published: December 13th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 45.9877, 9.26198

Left the Gasthaus in Munchen bright and bushy tailed just after eight. The wonderful innkeepers presented Bird with two quite cute and large cookies from Oktoberfest (the innkeeper went the night before, and sheepishly admitted he enjoyed himself). She plans on making the trip back to the U.S. with them for M1 and M2 (we'll see if they last). After trading cars we traveled through Garmisch to Austria and finally Italy to Lake Como. The trip was to last six hours and ended up a bit over seven, mostly due to the navigator (Bird). There were also a couple of stops for pictures.

Some of the topography and roads in Austria and Switzerland are amazing. After driving it our memory returned of seeing it before, but nonetheless remains amazing. Tunnels back to back with each several miles in length. Roads literally carved out of the side of a mountain. A road descending a mountain resembling a circular staircase. And all beautiful.

Now the down side, we arrived in dreary dark weather, nothing like what we have been treated in the recent past. We worry about our ferry ride on Lake Como tomorrow and visiting surrounding towns. The forecast has improved a bit, but still not encouraging. We'll see.
Almost the entire balance of our trip will be spent on the west coast of this country, except for four days on these lakes and a couple in Germany. This will include Cirque Terra, Roma, Napoli, Pompeii, Amalfi Coast and Tuscany. Be sure not to miss an episode.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.259s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0565s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb