Lake Como - George Clooney Spotting...


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lombardy » Como
November 6th 2005
Published: November 17th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Today we went to Verenna by train (again). We got in pretty late, and the station was so tiny, we had to get off the train, straight onto the tracks and walk along them for about 500m in the dark!

The weather is cooler now, the jackets and jumpers are coming out. The weather is not that grand either. Looks like our luck has run out!

Verenna is a tiny little town on the edge of Lake Como. It's a pretty wee place, but it's only real function is to deliver people by train to the lakes district. We checked into our accom (typical 1 star Italian affair, no lift, tiny room, paper thin walls) and headed downstairs for a beer in the pub below the hotel. We then took a quick stroll around the town (all of 9 minutes) and headed back for an early night, tomorrow we will be going to Lake Legano (Switzerland!).

Lake Como is a massive lake up in the north of Italy, the very north in fact. It's a long lake with a v-shape up one end, not like the round ones we get in Nu Zilland. It's a beautiful area, much like Lake Wakatipu in Queenstown, surrounded by mountains and beautiful green bushlands.

It's latest claim to fame is George Clooney, and the whole place is mad on it. His picture is up in a few restaurants and everyone talks about the last time 'George' was in town (cos they are all on a first name basis dont you know!).

Advertisement



Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0515s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb