Molto Buona Italia!


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Liguria » Genoa
June 17th 2004
Published: June 17th 2004
Edit Blog Post

Above VernazzaAbove VernazzaAbove Vernazza

We hiked thwe trail between Monterosso and Vernazza, two of the five towns in the Cinque Terre.
Yesterdat, we arrived in Moneglia from Genoa after our horrific night trying to get to Stansted Airport. I was dying ... I'd finally kicked my jet lag, and now I had only gotten a few difficult and interrupted hours of sleep. However, when we got to Moneglia, we had to explore. After getting some food, we wandered a bit and went to the beach to take in about two hours of sun. This led to the grea gastronomic event of the evening. The parents of the bride and groom rented out a restaurant in a quaint little plaza for the evening. We dined on probably seven to nine amazing courses accompanied with glorious red and white wine. The meal took about 5 hours! It was totally worth it! We were so enjoying ourselves, saluting the bride and groom and others with toasts that the carbinieri showed up and stood ominously nearby. Okay ... so we were just a little bit rowdy!

Today, we took a train to Monterosso, the northernmost of the five towns in the Cinque Terre. We then walked the path to Vernazza. It was hot with a slight breeze ... but, what a workout! We traversed numerous stairs and rocks as we hugged the rugged landscape along the coast. What a wonderful feeling to have made it to Vernazza for our pesto and seafood lunch with white wine!

Well, I look forward to the next week or so of traveling through Italy!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.111s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0455s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb