More and More Churches


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lazio
June 14th 2017
Published: June 14th 2017
Edit Blog Post

This morning, we got to sleep in for a little while. As a big group, we went to Il Victtoriano to learn more about the political aspect of unifying Italy. The view was amazing! From high up, it seems as if everything is so close, distance wise, but when you walk it seems like it takes forever.

After we explored, we split off into our art class to visit 5 churches and a piazza. First, we saw the Church of St. Ignatius, the founder of the jesuit society. This church had one of the most amazing fresco painting ceilings, which is almost as beautiful as the Sistine Chapel.

We went to other churches around the area, and we even stopped for coffee. Usually for the art class, we are out and about for 6-10 hours without eating lunch, so we are all dead tired and hungry! The place where we stopped was called Lant Eustachio, which has had one of the best coffee taste wise and variety.

When we got back to campus, I noticed a rash on my right cheek. It was getting worse, so I think it was hives. I was able to take some benadryl and put cortisone cream on it to help reduce the swelling. So when we went for dinner, my face still had the rash, but the redness went down. Hopefully by tomorrow it will be gone!

For dinner, we went back to the 20€ all you can eat and drink restaurant. We were able to take our time and digest our food before the next course came out.



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



15th June 2017

No Ceiling
It's interesting that they painted the ceiling with so much depth and intimation of the sky - as if there is no ceiling, and you're looking up to the heavens.

Tot: 0.247s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 40; dbt: 0.05s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb