A Modern Day Philosopher: Pope Francis


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lazio
December 3rd 2013
Published: December 3rd 2013
Edit Blog Post

Born in 1936, in Buenos Aire, Pope Francis dwelled in sucha harsh enviorment. However, even then he was a philosopher. Pope Francis is a philosopher,now, becausehe influenced the idea of personal religious practise. Also, he has well represented the poor because he believes that there should be more concen fir them, rather than irrelevant issues like abortion, contraception, and homosexuality.His stance has really impacted not only those people, but it has, as well, influenced the church's beliefs.He is mostly remembered by the quote, " the man who givesus the spirit of peace, the poor man,...how I would like a poor Church, and for the poor. He is significant because he has chosen to live the simple life. He is important because he has built and demonstrated a very strong commitment to society and justice because he argued that the only way that society will improve is to help thepeoplle who are less fortunate and can not help themselves.He has definitely influenced the Church because he has helped them think about the seperation from sexuality and Church.He believes that social work and religious devotion is the right way to go. A major example is when he spoke against the Argentinian government when it stood in her way from getting an abortion after rape.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0364s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb