Weekend #2: Tivoli


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lazio » Tivoli
June 10th 2017
Published: June 10th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Another day has come and gone. Today, a group of us went to Tivoli, Italy for a day trip. We were able to sleep in for a little bit, but we boarded a train for an hour, then we arrived in Tivoli. On the train, we met another American from Michigan, who was traveling alone, so we told her to tag along with us for the day!

First, we went to Villa Gregoriana. There was a hike around the property, and we saw some beautiful waterfalls, caves, and a temple. The hike took probably an 1 1/2 hours and there were many, many stairs! i chose the wrong day to wear a dress and converse.

Then, we got lunch at Reginella. On the way through the city, there was a market and a wedding. I got a roast beef panini with grilled vegetables in it ... and it was AMAZING!

We headed to Villa d'Este after we ate. This Villa is a place that the Lizzie McGuire Movie filmed for a scene. This place was BEAUTIFUL!! When I read up on the Villa, it does not do the garden justice. The gardens were endless and the fountains were massive!

Sadly, the day had to come to an end, but 8 hours was plenty of time to explore! We got some pizza for dinner and relaxing for the night because we are going to see the Pope tomorrow!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



11th June 2017

What a great combination!
You've discovered the perfect combination in Tivoli - fresh air, fountains, friends, and food! I'm anxious to hear more about the history too.
15th June 2017

Gorgeous! How fun meeting another American and sharing with her! Liked seeing these gardens- these are pulling together to make a very nice photoessay of your trip! Happy you are sharing this. Xo
18th June 2017

Day at Tivoli
Just when I think you've seen the most beautiful place ever, you see another one!

Tot: 0.23s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0462s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb