Europa Day 39


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lazio » Sperlonga
June 20th 2012
Published: June 20th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Day 39

All of a sudden the countdown to departure is sort of on..

Had to book thedrop off of the car at Romeyesterday for this Friday. That means we have only 7 nights in Rome and the remaining 2 nights here at Sperlonga. Oh dear, what do we do to keep ourselves busy.

Lots. We did absolutey nothing today and it was fantastic. The car didn't even get moved at all. We did the shops again. Chris bought some bathers and we also bought beach towels (yes, more stuff to bring home but they were bargains). Went to the supermarket and they made fresh sandwiches (rolls) with fillings cut on the spot - cheese, salami, yummmmmm.

Got toime fresh fruit and back to the hotel, beers and sandwiches on the terrace with a nice sea breeze. Did the Italian thing and had a siesta for a little while then walked to the private beach of the hotel which meant we had our own umbrellas and beach beds - very Italian and appreciated.

Swam in lovely warm waters and noticed a lady getting a massage on the beach, so Chris lined up for one of them - another bargain at €20. While swimming I was befriended by a young Italian boy. Communication interesting but we eventually got it going. He asked lots of questions and was able to answer most of them. Found a float wish fishing line and hook and worm attached in the sea. Sorted out the bait and line and in a second had fish on the line. All of a sudden I was a "killer" according to my new friend.

Sorted that out by releasing the little fish and giving him the float and fishing line - again number 1 friend.......

Chris had her massage - not as good as the usual masseurs we are used to in Melbourne but for €20 can't complain - she even lined me up for one tomorrow (you can only carry so much cash in your boardies......).

Back for another beer atthehotel and then showered and into town for tea. Very relaxed dinner and then gelato and sitting watching the lights of the old town and the water lapping on the shore below. Damn hard to take.

And guess what, tomorrow might be some of the same. Just getting in the last of the relaxed life before the hsubtle and bustle of Rome next week.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.406s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 53; dbt: 0.1563s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb