Europa Day 38


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lazio » Sperlonga
June 19th 2012
Published: June 19th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Day 38

Depart San Gimignano with more farewells for our new friends from yesterday and fond greetings from our host, Stefano.

We head straight for our newest destination, Sperlonga (as offered by Samantha and a good choice).

On the way we decide to do a detour into a tiny town for something to eat (and more importantly to break the 4.5 hour drive). Unfortunately Stella doesn't understand our interpretation of the spelling of the town we wanted so we offer alternatives. eventually we find something that looks like they do food and in we go. Interesting place, we are the only ones in there. Eventually a few more locals arrive. We order sandwiches which turn out to be pocket pizzas. Very nice. The bosses son (Luigi) who is probable 6 or 7 is there and he dresses up with the vest and apron and does some waiting as well. Most of the locals obviously know him and play along very nicely.

We continue and arrive at Sperlonga around 1630'ish. Unfortunately we couldn't get the recommended hotel on the beach but the one we picked is only 2 blocks back in a new Parton town and a very short walk to the beach. Nice room, free parking and WiFi - all is good.

Walk along the beach, beautiful sand, lots of umbrellas and beach beds and not overly busy with people. Good choice.....

We walk the beach, do some shops and them sit and have a beer on the balcony of a little restaurant. Decide that tea there is easier than looking somewhere else. All done.



Great sunset and back to the hotel for an early night. We have 3 nights here so the beach will get good use I think......

Advertisement



Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0394s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb