Sad to leave but happy to go home!


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lazio » Rome
October 30th 2015
Published: September 7th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 41.8955, 12.4823

Not going to make this long as it's 12:06 and I have to get up in a few hours to get to the airport! Alitalia won't allow us to check in online so we need to get there a bit earlier than the early we planned on....

Had a great day, took the train from Pompei to Naples, dropped the bags off at the train station, visited the national museum, had a fantastic pizza in an out of the way place. Got back on the train. Trained on to Rome, checked into our monastery right across from the station. Bought our tickets for the morning commute to the airport and metro tickets to get to the hub of the historic center to do the "walk" ate at Il Fico's, great restaurant. We then went by Giolitti's (best gelato in Italy ;-), got on the metro, picked up something for breakfast at the grocery store in the train station, and came back to our rooms.

It took a lot longer than it sounds but I don't have time for the details.... looking forward to getting home, seeing all the family, washing clothes, and unpacking!!!

I've really enjoyed this trip and Karen has been fantastic to travel with, easy to be with, goes with whatever comes along, nice to have a travel buddy!

Hopefully, when I get home I will update this, if Karen can hopefully she'll add to it also.

Sad to leave Bella Italia, but happy to go home!

A Presto
Wendy

Fit bit: 23,829 which is 10.26 miles ( I think this was our biggest day yet!)


Advertisement



31st October 2015

It all sounded wonderful, Wendy, and glad you avoided getting sick with the long days and little rest. Praying for an uneventful journey home for the two of you.Love,Kath

Tot: 0.176s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0501s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb