Key Hole of Rome


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lazio » Rome
June 20th 2017
Published: June 20th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Another day that the morning is free. A group of us have been so excited to go to the rose garden, but once we got there, it was closed. The garden is filled with all different types of roses that is free to the public and I was really excited to walk around the garden.

We were all disappointed, so we decided to check out the orange garden just up the hill. In total, there was one tree with 3 oranges on it. However, the view of the city was amazing!

Also around the orange garden is the key hole of Rome. This place has been on my list of to-dos before coming to Rome. There is a key hole that had a beautiful view of St. Peter's. The expectation of this "must do" was set too high. While it was a unique view, there was nothing else to see.

For dinner, we went to the 20€ all you can eat and drink place because it was my friend's birthday! Then, we just walked around Trastevere and sat on these steps just overlooking the river.



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



21st June 2017

Expectations and Discoveries
Too bad the main site you wanted to see was closed, but it sounds like you discovered some other memorable sites. And your dinner looks scrumptious.

Tot: 0.236s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0501s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb