Mexican Food in Italy


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lazio » Rome
June 8th 2017
Published: June 8th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Can't believe my second week of classes has come and gone! Today, we got to sleep in a little (YAY) and went to a few churches and a museum. We visited Santa Maria della Vittoria and saw a Bernini sculpture. Then, we walked down the road to Church of Santa Susanna and San Carlo of the Four Fountains. The size of San Carlo is the same as ONE column in St. Peter's Basilica!! Lastly, we went to St. Andrew of the Quirinale Hill.

Then, we headed to Palazzo Barberini, which had a wonderful collection of artwork. Both the exterior and interior of the house were beautiful, and it did not even feel like we were downtown in Rome. We saw more Caravaggio pieces, which have been my favorite pieces to date. Overall, this is one of my favorite museums, along with Galleria Borghese! We even got to listen to the rehearsals for a music festival that is occurring at the museum this weekend! The music was beautiful and relaxing!

I was able to get some laundry done, then we were craving Mexican. So a couple of friends and I went to Abbey Theatre Irish Pub to get 1€ tacos! They were very filling and it only costed 8€ a person, what a deal! It for sure made me want Cucos!!

My feet are still blistered and hurting, but today was an easy day compared to the last couple days!

Tomorrow we are headed to Assisi as a group day trip, and we have to be up and early by 7:30 am.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.221s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0405s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb