Rome, Italy


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lazio » Rome
August 6th 2016
Published: August 27th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Finally it is time for the big summer trip. Me, my dad, and Ania are going to Rome, London, Vatican City, Ukraine and Poland. The flight from Miami to Madrid was about 9 hours and then took a short flight to Rome. When we got to Rome we got to our hotel (Coronari Courtyard Roma). Then we figured out that we were going to meet Ania's friend from Poland for dinner. The place that we wanted to eat had too many people so we went to a place called Mimi y Coco. There we had great appetizers...Mozarella and Tomatoes and a meat and cheese plate. Afterwards me and my dad shared a cheese pasta. We then checked out Piazza Navona. The plaza had statues of Poseidon and angels. We then went to our hotel to sleep.



The next day only my dad and I went to Capuchin Crypt. In the crypt there was a bunch bones. Some of the bodies of just bones were in robes. The rooms were decorated with bones, even the small chandeliers. After that, we met Ania at very popular art museum (Galleria Borghese). There were statues of gods and people like David and Goliath. There was also mosaics and ceiling art with tons of things going on.



Then we decided to go to lunch (Antica enoteca). We got pasta, pizza, and salad. Next we went to the Spanish Steps, but we could not walk on them because there was some sort of construction. Afterwards, we went to the Trevi Fountain. It was beautiful. It had huge statues in the back and bright blue water. We went to the Pantheon. It was a huge dome and was old, old, old. Finally, we went out for dinner in Trastevere. When my dad was looking at the menu he did not notice a little candle and when he flipped over a page, the page caught on fire. The waiter came and helped put out the fire. We ate cheese and sandwiches. We then walked back to our hotel and called it a night.





The next to the Vatican but that is in another blog since it is another country. From the Vatican we took a taxi to the Coliseum. First, we me, my dad and Ania walked around by ourselves. We took a bunch of pictures. We sat down for a while to take it all in. The Coliseum was so beautiful and unbelievable that it was built so long ago. We then went to the place to catch our tour. We did not understand much because the tour we signed up for was in Spanish, but first went to the underground where the kept the animals and where the gladiators came out of. After that we went to the top of the Coliseum. There we saw a gorgeous view of the Roman Forum and the Coliseum.






We then walked around the ancient Roman Forum and then back to the hotel. As we were driving we were thinking about how we were going to tell Ania that we were going to the opera, one of Ania's favorite things. We decided to tell her by playing "hangman". When Ania figured out that it was Madame Butterfly she was shocked and very happy. Once we got to the opera we saw that it was in some ancient roman ruins. Once it started, I fell asleep. But at intermission, my dad and I went to the bathroom I figured out that there was a part 2. Then we decided to walk around and found a bar with food and drinks. After our drinks, we sat down for part 2. I stayed awake though. While I did not like the singing part, I really liked the plot. We then took a taxi to the hotel. We left the next morning for Krakow, Poland but I know i will be back to Italy soon.


Additional photos below
Photos: 88, Displayed: 24


Advertisement



Tot: 0.37s; Tpl: 0.036s; cc: 25; qc: 41; dbt: 0.0857s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.2mb