Roma!


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lazio » Rome
May 16th 2005
Published: May 23rd 2005
Edit Blog Post

Well next stop was Roma! A fantastic city completely full of history. \the bus ride from Florence to Rome wasn't too bad so we made it into the city pretty early and it was HOT!! Atleast 30 degrees. Our group went to the Colosseum first which was awesome, probably one of our favorite landmarks so far! It was pretty amazing...

The city is full of ancient ruins all over the place, so you'll see like a traffic circle that will have have marble columns in the middle from the time of the Roman Empire, definitely different from good ol' cowtown.

We basically just spent the day walking around and taking it all in, we checked out the Trevi Fountain, the Spanish Steps as well as the Pantheon.

The craziest thing about the Pantheon is that it was that even though it was built before Christ (ie it's extremely old) there is a good ol macdonalds (or maccers in aussie speak) DIRECTLY in front of it. I can hear all of you groaning already, but yes we did eat McDonalds in front of the Pantheon and it was a bizarre experience.

It was a little rainy in the evening, but by the time we got back to our (6ft by 6ft) cabins we passed out from exhaustion...

The next day it was off to the Vatican City and we went to the Vatican musuem which was beautiful. The Sistine Chapel deserves all the recognition it recieves because it was a true masterpiece.

Later we had a good little party with our tour group back at the cabins, although we've been staying out of the city centres all of the places we have stayed so far have little pubs, discos etc.

Next day it was off to Venice...



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.038s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.02s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb