Model City


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lazio » Rome
September 19th 2006
Published: September 27th 2006
Edit Blog Post

September 19

Today Emilio took us to the Museo di Civilita of Rome. It was kind of an odd museum, a lot of the things in it were “fake”; most of the items in there were casts of the original. This is a pretty common theme of museums in Rome. I was a little disappointed because I wanted to see the real deal, but it was still interesting. The best part of it was this area where they had made a model of ancient Rome. It was finished in the 1950s and it is a really good measure of how large Ancient Rome really was.

On our walk back to the metro station after the museum, we saw this building that Mussolini had made that pretty much represented the new era combined with the grandeur of the Coliseum. When you see the picture it looks just like a square Coliseum and is rather impressive.

We went to the other humanities apartment before we all went to eat at the Chinese restaurant right next door. I looked out the window of their apartment and had a fantastic view of Rome. The sun was just setting and it made this incredibly beautiful sky.

After Chinese, a few of us decided we wanted to go out. I took us to this bar in Campo di Fiori that Matteo had showed me during La Notte Bianca, called Black & White. It’s a great little bar, and we went in and had some drinks. For a change of scenery, we went to Sloppy Sam’s (also in Campo) for more drinks, and then called it a night. It was a lot of fun, and we all had some good laughs.



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

View of the cityView of the city
View of the city

looking out from the other humanities students' apt.


Tot: 0.212s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0377s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb