All Roads Do Lead to Rome!


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lazio » Rome
January 13th 2015
Published: January 13th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Spain to Italy to Egypt


Welcome to Italy



We flew from Barcelona, Spain to the greatest place in the world..Rome! It was a 2 hour flight! We rested a bit and got ready for our next adventure in Italy! When we arrived to the Leonardo Da Vinci International Airport, got our luggage and set out into the streets of Italy. Attempting to practice their Official Language Italian.(the language used federally and established for everyone) Before hand I arranged a Rome airport hotel shuttle, that runs through all central rome Hotels, to pick us up.It was a very interesting form of transportation, it wasn’t like a taxi and it wasn’t a bus either. Our next stop for the night was The Grand Hotel de la Minerve. On our way there we passed through the Roman Forum and the Trevi Fountains. We asked the driver if we could please stop since our trip here was fast and we probably wouldn’t get another chance to come here again. Delightfully, he said yes if no other person in our shuttle had a problem with that, luckily everyone agreed. We got off at the Trevi Fountains and threw a coin in the fountain, right when one of the

Trevi Fountains.
caregivers of the fountain asked us if we’d like to help pick up the coins thrown that day. We all looked at eachother with astonishment but happily agreed. After collecting it all he told us that this money was collected to be given to charity. It is said that about $3,500 are thrown in there each day and it was originally made for the Romans to bath in by Pope Clement XII.




Italy was beautiful just how i thought it would be. Once again on our way to our hotel the shuttle driver told us that we had come at a perfect time. We very excitedly asked him to share what was going on.He told us about the mass taking place tomorrow held by the pope, in which people from all over Europe come to celebrate this mass.. When we finally arrived to Grand Hotel de la Minerve. We dropped our luggage off and walked to Piazza Navona Pantheon which was about 10 minutes away walking. We put on a light spring jacket and set into the starry night in Rome. Walking through the pantheon mesmerized by the culture , (type of habits and territory referred to people) we saw that an event was taken place on roman cuisine in the middle of the pantheon. Excitedly, we asked if we could take part in this class that was being held by a famous restaurant called Streatart. There they taught us how to make pasta alla carabonara. This recipe included sauce, black peper, pecarino cheese and even pig cheek! Our Italian language( method of communication) was not too good and we’d confuse the order of the ingredients but the Italians were always patient with us Americans. We then were asked to teach other people how to cook pasta alla carabona, it was a great experience! We went back to our hotel and slept that night in Rome, Italy.




The next morning we set out on a spree to conquer whatever we could of Italy before our departure later that evening. We woke up at 6 a.m ate some delicious Italian food and set ourselves out into the crowd because there was a crowd. An overflowing crowd of people gathered into the St. Peter Basilica to hear mass from the Pope.Here in Italy there were hardly any inter- faith (problems arising between two different religions)or intra faith disputes ( problems arising within a religion) since 80% of the people are part of this Universal Religion; Roman Catholics. It was hard to navigate through and once we were in St. Peter Basilica it was hard to get out. We got to get a glimpse of the Pope and then we decided to make our way to the Colosseum instead. Once we got to the Colosseum we tried to buy tourist tickets to go on a tour but unfortunately they were filming a movie there . Strangely, they asked us if we’d like to be some of the extras and be eaten by the pretend tigers in the recreation part in their movie. We nervously agreed, it was so much fun! We got to take part in the recreation of the Colosseum game, get eaten by tigers and be in an Italian Film! We left with Italy engraved into our being and set out into the airport for our next adventure!


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0355s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb