Easter Sunday


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lazio » Rome
April 20th 2014
Published: April 28th 2014
Edit Blog Post

The Easter bunny came overnight and left a trail of chocolate eggs for Em. After eating 8 of the 10 eggs she found, she began bouncing manically on the bed. We thought a visit to the nearest playground would be in order to expend a bit of energy… gates, fences, barbed wire… closed. Instead, we thought that we could walk around the large nature reserve next to our apartment… gates, fences, barbed wire and DOGS!! On further inquiries, the park is open about once every two months by guided tour only, the next one being a night tour in mid-May. So that was that…

Back to the apartment and we ended up just exploring the gardens, playing outside and having a "quiet" day to recover from the fairly stressful drive down from Florence. It also gave us a chance to try and plan some of our next moves.

I put quiet in quotations because at the end of the day, Em was spinning around on the kitchen floor, laughing uncontrollably after about 9 hours on a sugar high! She eventually collapsed into bed only a little later than usual.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.231s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0518s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb