Colossus Colosseum


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lazio » Rome
October 1st 2011
Published: October 1st 2011
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Today we decided to adventure out to the ancient part of Roma.. Bought our Metro day passes and headed towards the Colosseum and ancient forum.

It was pretty amazing and beautiful to see the colosseum in all its ancient glory inside and out. We paid for a tour so that we would skip the "queue" lol and as soon as we got inside we booked it from the tour guide as she was almost as old as the Colosseum itself and kaitlin had a glazed look in her eyes every time she started to speak..

After the tour we were chased around by pakistani italians trying to sells their wares for half off.. even though we didnt know the original price lol Kaitlin wanted glasses and with her bargining skills got him down to 5 euros from 25 in 10 seconds then the police came and they booked it out of there lol.

After that we did a nice walking tour of the forum.. (mostly ruins), took pictures and relaxed in the grass..

After a good 5 hours out we headed back to the hostel to find out who our new bunkmates were.. on the way back we found a gelato place and apparently it was the best ever.. We then found a little pizzaria were we stopped for a pizza slice by weight and cold beer. After that light snack we headed to the supermarket to pick up bananas, beer and wine.. (all the important stuff)

We have been taking many pictures and will be uploading them within the next couple of days but we forgot a SD card to USB adapter 😞

Off to sit in the garden and drink some italian wine then eat some pasta!




Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 5; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0495s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb