Rome Day 3 & 4


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lazio » Rome
September 16th 2011
Published: September 19th 2011
Edit Blog Post

San Giovanni LateranSan Giovanni LateranSan Giovanni Lateran

The original home of the early Popes
Rome Day 3: Got up late and then posted the excess baggage back home!!! We went off to the Basilica of Santa Maria Maggiore. Another magnificent church with a very long history. Walk around the city and had a relaxing day. Lots of great food!

Rome Day 4: Got up early to do a walking tour of ancient Rome starting at the Coloseum, the Forum, the trevvi Fountain, Pantheon and Piazza Navona. Amazing to think that we were walking on pathways and roads that were walked on by the ancient Romans over two thousand years ago. We got a huge kick out of walking these same roads.

Shortly after leaving the square where we visited the Pantheon, the riot police and protestors clashed with each other over the Italian Austerity measures. We were glad they chose to wait until we had left! Once again we ended up with lunch in a wonderful restuarant in a Piazza. Sadly we then had to make our way back to the B & B to finalise the packing before having our final dinner in Rome and Italy.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Real HistoryReal History
Real History

So much history in these walls
One of the ancient roadsOne of the ancient roads
One of the ancient roads

They would have need a good suspension!
The ScootersThe Scooters
The Scooters

Oh the scooters that jinx all over the roads, the pavements and anywhere they can!
The Trevvi FountainThe Trevvi Fountain
The Trevvi Fountain

We threw in the obligatory coin


Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.051s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb