Another Garden ..


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lazio » Rome
May 6th 2004
Published: May 6th 2004
Edit Blog Post

Here is a beautifull GardernHere is a beautifull GardernHere is a beautifull Gardern

In Tavoli here another would be pope makes himself a summer palace.
Ciao
The gardens behind Villa D'Este (House Summer ... litterally ...lol) were my favorite part. It what gets me is this would be pope (he was never actually pope for whatever reasons so to consol himself he had a garden that symoblized rome from the view of the Vatican built into his garden - this way he could feel as if he was a pope) He was a very intresting caricture. It is funny I thought when you gave your service to the church you took a vow of poverty. They really must have missed that memo. Most of our great architecture we owe to the Catholic church. The house we have been to see have all been house of Pope's or the Pope's family. They works they commisoned to go inside of these houses were incredible. This is also another aspect they really do not tell you in class, you hear the names but untill you really start to go to these place and the dots get connected you are not aware how much influence the Catholic church has.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.17s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0518s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb