Travel to Rome


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lazio » Rome
April 2nd 2011
Published: April 5th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Our final day in the bus... Florence to Rome!

Assisi, ItalyAssisi, ItalyAssisi, Italy

Clint and Kim walking towards the Basilica of St. Francis

All roads lead to Rome!
The day of the Church.... that's what I'm calling today.... We saw the Basilica of St. Francis in Assisi, Italy and then on to Rome and a tour of the Vatican Museums, St. Peter's Basilica and the Sistene Chapel. It was a busy day!

It really a awesome day. We had an incredible local tour guide... a Franciscan monk.... for our tour of Assisi. Unfortunately no pictures were allowed but you must google the Basilica to see the church. It was awe inspiring!

The Vatican was also awe insipiring for Catholics and non-Catholics alike. We were given a tour of the vast museums, spent several minutes peering up at Michelangelo's Sistene Chapel masterpiece and walked amidst the many pilgrims within the walls of St. Peter's Basilica.

We capped off the night with a 3 hour night bus tour of Rome visiting Trevi Fountain and returning to St. Peter's Square. The night was not complete without gelato looking out at the fountain!




Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

On the bus...On the bus...
On the bus...

Surprising the only pic I could find that I took of our illustrious bus driver Jon Carlos.... I'm sure the kids have more!
The VaticanThe Vatican
The Vatican

Jen and Kim in St. Peter's Square
Tevi FountainTevi Fountain
Tevi Fountain

Maja throws her coin in Trevi Fountain during the night tour....
Trevi FountainTrevi Fountain
Trevi Fountain

Ryan throws his coin in Trevi Fountain during the night tour....


Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0398s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb