When in Rome...


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lazio » Rome
August 28th 2008
Published: August 28th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Wow...what a temp difference here in Rome. We arrived yesterday am after a long morning. We got up at 3am...took a taxi to the train station...took a 20 min train ride to the airport...took a plane to London...then took a plane to Rome...then to a train into the city. By this time it was about 1:30pm and had yet another adventure trying to find our hotel. Geez, these instructions from the hotels are quite interesting. This one told us that once we left the train station to cross the bus stops...go straight for about 500 meters and then the hotel is on the left. Ha! Ya right! We ended up in the right area but were circling around our hotel for quite a while before I looked at Jen and told her that I had enough of this. She turned around and pointed up and said...isn,t this it?! Sure enough we were walking in circles while the hotel was right in front of us. LOL. Then my friend Dan and his sister Cheryl arrived later that evening and we all went out and had a relaxing dinner with some vino...then had some gelato and walked around the Colosseum. It was amazing to see at night. Then...even with the four of us...we got lost, again. But it was fun 😊 However, the walk back to the hotel was completely up hill...no wonder how everyone stays so thin...the portions are smaller and all they do is walk or ride bikes!

Today the four of us went on an open city bus tour and sat on top and got fried! The weather is very comparable to that in Florida so the 3 of us were ok...Jen on the other hand was not 😊 It was so amazing tho!! We got off and spent some time at the Trevi Fountain and then had Burger King for lunch. We are so American it is pathetic!! After this entry it is time for our siesta and then off to dinner and back to the Colosseo...but this time we are going to go thru a tour of the inside!! Tomorrow we plan on going to the Vatican City and check out the Sistine Chapel. And since it is my bday they all said we can do WHATEVER I want for dinner....so I think we are going to an Irish Pub to drink some good beer!! Only me... And ugh...30 has crept up so fast!!!!!!

I brought my cords to upload pics this time but this computer does not allow me to do that. At this rate I will just assume that I will not be able to share any pics til we get back. Oh well...it is the thought that counts!

Sat we are off to Florence for about 3 days...then to Venice and end our adventures in Paris. That is if we have enough Euros to get us that far!! LOL. The dollar is just AWFUL!!!!! But...it is all about experiences and this will definitely be an experience of a lifetime...that we will have to take a lifetime to pay off 😊

Hope my Florida friends are not getting nailed with Gustov...I heard something about it but have no idea what the path is.

Ciao!
xoxo

Advertisement



28th August 2008

Happy Birthday!
I am loving your commentary - very informative and descriptive. The pictures are great. I am sure you had a great birthday. Keep having a great time!

Tot: 0.215s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 43; dbt: 0.04s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb