Day 11 - Rome, Italy


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lazio » Rome
August 26th 2008
Published: August 28th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Trevi FountainTrevi FountainTrevi Fountain

Breathtaking, inspiring and full of tourists just like us.

Activities


Adios Valencia - Buongiorno Roma
Transfer to Roma
Roman sights teaser stroll

Highlight(s)




Odd Spot(s)



* Felipe Massa the taxi driver: the guy at the hotel said it would take 25-30 mins to get to Valencia airport. We hailed a cabbie from across the road who came screaming up onto the sidewalk (at that stage we should have known what we were up for). The driver took off like the start of a race and pulled some pretty amazing passing manouvers as he sped us to the airport in under 15 mins. When we paid him we said, "Gracias Philipe Massa!" - he thought it was the biggest compliment ever.
* Upon being asked by passengers to take a photo of them, the flight attendant first turned the camera around and took a photo of himself with a big cheesy grin and then took 3 shots of the group ensuring that the photo was right.
* When we landed in Roma there
LladroLladroLladro

Lladro Museum, Valencia
was a spontaneous round of applause indicating the gratitude for the safe landing of the aircraft. We got the sense that maybe not all landings are as smooth as the one we experienced.


Weather


Pleasant, sunny 30 degrees.



Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Valencia TaxiValencia Taxi
Valencia Taxi

Anyone would have thought Felipe Massa had stayed in Valencia after the GP and was actually driving us to the airport, breaking every land speed record along the way.
Fiat 500Fiat 500
Fiat 500

Sighting number one...
Fruit & Veg StallFruit & Veg Stall
Fruit & Veg Stall

Stalls are easily found in the side streets.
Colosseum SnipetColosseum Snipet
Colosseum Snipet

Everywhere you look, glimpses of roman sights are there to amaze us again.
Colosseum BackdropColosseum Backdrop
Colosseum Backdrop

The happy travellers.


29th August 2008

Roma
Looks like a great place. Very funny taxi story.......I love taxi's.
1st September 2008

Great Pic.
That photo of the Roman Sunset is amazing, that should go up in FK HQ.

Tot: 0.141s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 78; dbt: 0.0698s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb