2/11/08


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lazio » Rome
February 11th 2008
Published: February 11th 2008
Edit Blog Post

DSCN1137DSCN1137DSCN1137

piazza del popolo
Hey guys,

So school wise, not too much going on to get excited about. Papers due, books to read, all that fun stuff.

Molly's (my roommate) family was in this past week, which turned out to be a lot of fun. They stayed in our hotel, but their rooms were a lot nice than ours! To be expected I guess... Anyway, on Saturday we went on a day trip to Napoli and Pompeii. It took about 3 hours to drive to Napoli, but we only stayed there long enough to realize it isn't as great as Frank Sinatra makes us believe. There's been a huge garbage strike going on there and the place is kind of a mess. We did stop down by the water though, and they let us out to take some pictures which all turned out pretty great!

From Napoli, we drove to Pompeii, which was very cool. The petrified people are just like in the movies we watched in grade school. We didn't like our tour guide too much so the five us of were pretty much goofing off the whole time. Micki and I jumped in the old ovens in a surviving bakery... and well that's pretty much how the day went.

Driving back from Pompeii was really cool because all of the towns built into the mountain sides were all lit up. I would have taken pictures of them but the bus was going about 120 mph. I don't care what anyone says about New Yorkers, or even women drivers... they are crazy here!
This morning on my run I saw a very minor car accident. People here just drive so fast, and turn from center lanes, and crazy things like that. I would never survive!

That's about all for now. I'll be sure to keep you all posted with new stuff and pictures as they come.
Miss you all, and be sure to let me know how things are going at home.

-Bridge


Additional photos below
Photos: 80, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

DSCN1147DSCN1147
DSCN1147

san giovani basilica
DSCN1164DSCN1164
DSCN1164

st. paul's church
DSCN1169DSCN1169
DSCN1169

benny 16


Tot: 0.045s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0237s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb