Not my finest moment(s)


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lazio » Rome
March 12th 2007
Published: March 12th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Aaaaaaaand.... I lost my passport. Well, its not really lost. I know where it is. Hopefully it will return home tomorrow.

So much for the ulti-tourist.
So it goes.

Wow. Today we pretty much had nothing to do but get to Rome for the night (stopping not for sights, but a place to stay along the way to Padua). We slept in. We snuck extra food for breakfast. We toured Sorrento, sat and read on benches, watched the perfectly blue water and near perfect sky, ate a leisurely lunch, toured a lemon grove and received a free taste of some homemade lemon liquour product. At the lunch, hilarity ensued. We were talking about how we "owned this city" (as we do with each city). The point was especially true (at least truer than usual) because we had eaten at this place the previous night (great pizza, even by neopolitan standards), so we more or less knew our way around. The place was empty, like the previous night. Then, I had seen the waiter\cook\owner turn on the lights as he seated us. Today we were seated but the lights remained off (it was lunch, so it wasnt entirely weird with the windows, etc). I (knowing sooooooo much about this place in my infinite wisdom and experience with Sorrento) went to turn the lights on (as seen before), but instead turned off the lights for the kitchen. Ha. Humble pie. Then came the gelato, so much better tasting.

We hopped a train for Naples (free since we have mastered the system, or lack thereof). We drank a coke, waited for the train, boarded said train, and rode for Rome (studying up on guidebook for our first days in Germany to prepare). We arrived in the hostel. Its much better than the last place in Rome..... except for the odd couple spooning on a bunk in our room. If it continues, Bradley and I will embarass them with passive agressive comments. "Hey Bradley, hows your habit of voyerism going?" Reply: "I just cant kick it. I love to watch."

Things of that nature. Again and again. Until they cease and desist.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0386s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb