St. Peter don't you call...


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lazio » Rome
October 10th 2015
Published: December 13th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 41.8955, 12.4823

How about some sympathy? It rained all day, and we were outside waiting or walking for a good portion of it. But once inside we were treated to repeated amazing sights. We previously thought the British were a larcenous group, but they can't compare with the Popes. These guys not only stole stuff from ancient Rome but everywhere else as well. We'll show you later.

The crowds were awful. After we decided on the Vatican Museums, Bird discovered the worse day of the week for the Vatican is Saturday, besides that don't go when it rains. We did both as we thought being in a museum would be dry. Apparently that is the thinking of other folks as well. But we made it through.

Let us tell you the Vatican is not comprised of St. Peter's and where the Pope lives. There is a ton, no several tons, of other stuff. There is even a defensive wall.

We were here a couple of years ago, do you recall Baby Bird, it was only 41 years ago? Then we drove adjacent to St. Peter's Square, parked the car, and walked into St. Peter's. Well, that is no more, lines are endless and no parking anywhere close. We took the Metro.

The forecast calls for no rain for the next two days. Thus we plan on visits to the Colosseum and Forum. We'll keep you posted.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.242s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 41; dbt: 0.0692s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb