It continues


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Emilia-Romagna
May 21st 2010
Published: May 21st 2010
Edit Blog Post

JC @ BorghiJC @ BorghiJC @ Borghi

On the climb to Borghi, the final town on the Nove Colli.
As mentioned previously, we left our hotel at about 09.00 and headed south towards Cesenatico along the coast before turning inland and starting the climb to Borghi. This climb is also on the Nove Colli so we have already climbed 2 that we are expecting to climb on Sunday 23 May. The group stopped for coffee, as you would expect, in a café in Borghi before the descent towards the coast to see the race in the 2010 Giro d’Italia. Rimini was absolutely packed with people, so we rode to a small village, Spardarolo where we saw the breakaway and the peloton come through. This was preceded by the normal ‘hoopla’ of the caravan of sponsor’s vehicles and police escorts before we actually got to see the riders. Back on the bike and into the town of Cesenatico to see the finish of the stage: won by a rider who lives in close proximity to the finish and was quite emotional after the race. On the way back to the bikes, which we had stored at the bus, we passed through the area where the team buses were parked and saw the majority of the riders, including a lot of aussies.
Nove Colli routeNove Colli routeNove Colli route

Map of the route of the Nove Colli to be completed on Sunday 23.05.10
We grabbed our gear and bikes and headed back to our hotel along the coast road. Another nice dinner and drinks before hitting the sack after we had covered about 100K with a bit of climbing. The real test starts on Sunday 23rd May when the majority of the group attempts the Nove Colli, which means nine climbs, over 130K or 205K.
Saturday is hopefully a quiet day as we will ride to the start at Cesenatico and hopefully get to see most of the Australian riders as Steve Cunningham has raced against and with the majority of them and knows them well. Will keep everyone posted as to our progress.



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

BreakawayBreakaway
Breakaway

Leading group of riders who were caught by the peloton on the climb. Fred Morini, ex-pro on side of road.
PelotonPeloton
Peloton

Peloton chasing the leading group with about 65K to go.


25th May 2010

Pantani
Did you catch up with the familty of Marco while in Rimini? Say g'day to the Aussies for me! Tell Cadel he can still do it but he might need to pull his finger out! Hope the fun continues. Stay safe Cheers Tim

Tot: 0.121s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0426s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb