Good guys -Bad guys


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Emilia-Romagna » Rimini
July 25th 2010
Published: July 25th 2010
Edit Blog Post

train Seracuse-Bolognatrain Seracuse-Bolognatrain Seracuse-Bologna

At Messina the train has to cross by ferry
Travelling through Italy you see compared to a few years ago an amazing number of security camera s. Probably Italy is competing with UK who is still EU champion.
As in UK criminal rate will drop considerably by this action for within short time you need so many good guys to watch and check out the videos that there will be less bad guys automaticcally.

Arrived yesterday with an delay of 6 hours in Rimini. Starting my travel in Catania with 10 minutes delay and building up after Messina with hours in the middle of nowhere. My scheduled arrival in Rimini was 9.30 am and I arrived 15.35 pm.
In Messina the train was loaded on the ferry. Left and right on the underdeck 4 waggons. Took some time but in the end it works.

Met in the train a Canadian-Italian Giovanmni with his son Joshua after their family visit in southern Italy on their way back to Canada and later an Italian guy entered the couchette compartment on his way to Reykjavic as a singer. Advised him not to open a high interest saving account over there.

The beaches at Rimini , over 100 numbered beaches there
security camera ssecurity camera ssecurity camera s

All Italy full of this sign
are , are not so full as expected in high season.Still a lot of empty spots. The numbered beaches are useful to find your way around and in case of lost children they can by way of speakers tell who has been found and where to get the kid back.

Had dinner yesterday in restaurant Il Giardino. Kind of garden restaurant more or less hidden in the middle of the old city of Rimini. For good restaurants I always look for busy ones with lots ( say 80%) of locals. Mostly they are really good.
There were over 100 clients in the garden divided over 1 big table of 20 and the rest 4 or 2 people per table and there were only two waiters. Even with only two waiters who were actually running in the garden everything went rather smoothly.

Striking in Italy is that a lot of information at the stations but also the numbers in elevators are also in braille.Never seen in any other country this kind of service for blind people.

Advertisement



9th August 2010

how to make the right choose for a restaurant
Hi Bert, That's fun I always look where are many locals and , in my opinion, that works indeed. Cees

Tot: 0.239s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0667s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb