Long day in the air and airports...


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Campania » Sorrento
October 20th 2013
Published: September 7th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 40.6263, 14.3757

To continue: woke up at about 3:15 am and got back to sleep about 5 ish and up a few minutes after 6... that's how my nights have been going the last few nights, o well...

Packed and set out for the train station stopping by to pick up my hot tea and chocolate cornetto to eat on the go, the B&B arranges with a café around the corner, you give them a slip of paper and you get a drink and cornetto for breakfast. The train was on binario 24, found it easily which was nice...

Got on in plenty of time, found a seat and had all my stuff around me. Two men then sat next to me and looked like gypsies, they did have tickets but saw they were good from this date through December 17.. so not sure if it was good for one use or if they could use it over and over during that time period. This is a famous train for pickpockets so was a bit wary as my way to the aisle was blocked and they were looking at everyone's bags so not sure if they were just passengers or pickpockets. Anyway, no problems as far as I was concerned just kept my backpack on my lap though they assured me it was fine if I left it on the seat next to one of them, I didn't think so... Unfortunately, you do have to be suspicious in places like this, not trying to be paranoid but lots of people end up lighter in their wallets and possessions when they get off some of these trains...

At Fiumicino Airport, I was a bit confused at first as to where to go to check-in to get my boarding pass, found the board that had a number corresponding to the place where you go, regarding whichever airline you are looking for. Only a couple of people ahead of me so not long to wait which was nice, they tell you which gate to go to, find my way in that general direction and find a LOOOONNNGGG line to security, get through that, then a looonngg line for the passport check. Eventually get to board and we leave 40 minutes late which affected my arrival in Toronto, after getting off the plane I had to go to another security check of my bags, so glad I don't have to go to collect any checked bags as there would be NO way I'd make it through in time, after going through security I now have a really loonnggg line for passport control, am getting a bit worried about making my plane but it turned out to be fine, I got to my gate by 5 for boarding at 5:15. When I boarded someone else was in my seat, we compared tickets and we both were assigned the same seat, I had heard that they overbooked the flight so I stood in the back of the plane with the airline attendant, the staff all talked to figure out what to do with me and it was determined that I could pick a seat from Economy Plus as the seat I had was an aisle seat, anyway I ended up with an empty seat next to me which was nice! so not sure how there were empty seats when it was supposedly overbooked, etc.. got off a little bit late but in Denver, I didn't have any more security or passport controls to go through so had plenty of time to wait! I was getting pretty tired by now and did sleep a bit from Toronto to Denver, from Denver to Pasco though I was asleep before we left the ground! Arrived at 11:15 pm in Pasco, so nice to be back home!! was in bed by 12 and asleep immediately.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.154s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.06s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb