Edit Blog Post
Published: September 7th 2017
Geo: 46.2741, -119.274
I jotted down some thoughts on traveling solo:
* is o.k...
* but, it's nice to have someone to share your experiences with
* you only have yourself to please
* it can be boring at times
* restaurants with people outside inviting people in ignore someone on their own ;-)
* there is no one to watch your baggage for you
* you talk to people & make friends you wouldn't otherwise make
* can be more open to new experiences
* it's definitely not something to be afraid of
* probably won't be my first choice of travel in the future
* you need to be o.k. with silence
* wifi access is invaluable, it would be really boring with no access to email, internet, staying in touch
* it's easier to get a seat upgrade when solo
* tons of smoking!!
* lots of cats roaming around... some dogs too
* the area I was in is Beautiful!
* Bougainvillea flowers are still blooming in mid-October
* many shops really close from ~1:30-4:30, same with churches outside of Rome
* choose 2 flights instead of 3 if possible ;-)
If you've made it this far, thanks so much for traveling with me! It was great to hear from you while I was gone and
made home feel much closer than half way around the world it was.
Tot: 0.153s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 13; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0226s; 1; m:saturn w:www (184.108.40.206); sld: 1;
; mem: 1.3mb