More sun in Sorrento


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Campania » Sorrento
October 30th 2014
Published: June 22nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 40.6263, 14.3757

So glad to see the sun again when we arrived in Sorrento. The ship moored off the coast and we were tendered in to the town. A shuttle bus took us up the very windy roads and dropped us off at the end of town. From here we strolled through the streets calling in at the Duomo and another basilica. There are many shops selling the lovely pottery of the region and also the beautiful marquetry woodwork. The local drink here is Limoncillo as there are many lemon groves. We opted for the usual beers as our pre prandial. Reluctant to walk back to the shuttle bus stop we continued walking to the edge of town for the wonderful view over the bay. Almost out of site is a tiny doorway leading to a beautiful old cloister. Also off this were some stairs leading up to this tiny museum of old musical boxes where this kindly elderly Italian gentleman played all the old instruments for us. It was a tiny fascinating little place and so badly advertised. From here you can get the lift straight down to the harbour for one euro. The alternative is to walk down many steps. We opted for the lift and caught the ship's tender back to the boat for lunch. Back on board many people were on the pool deck catching the last rays of the sun before we set off for Rome. Now is the sad time when we have to pack and it is almost over but we shall be back on a Silversea cruise again.
I am pleased to report that our Trivia Team came 3rd overall. Stefan & I also won the daily Trivia quiz and with the huge number of points we obtained a booklight and a biro!
I hate packing so while we were in the quiz I got the butler to pack my dresses. The two guys looking after our suite have been very good.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



30th October 2014

Promise to take me with you next time tiz on yr next cruise let me know when and where xxxx
30th October 2014

looks lovely .Charlotte is getting married in Capri next year so guess we'll be down that way .We are in London right now but leaving on Sunday Had a great mini reunion in LiverpoolLove Andrew

Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0316s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb