Mama Mia! que Bella!!!


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Campania » Pompei
June 6th 2007
Published: June 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post

man on the coastman on the coastman on the coast

Pretty impressive coastline the first little village Monterosso in Cinque Terre
Cinque Terre....arriving in the North of Italy what more could I want but to spend my b-day on the Mediterranean coastline!! We ended up spending about a week here camping in our new home in a beautful Valley with the beach only 5min shuttle away!! Feels great to have the sun beaming down again!! A few days on the beach and a full day exploring the trails linking Cinque Terre, five typical Italian villages on the coast. Five hous up down and around, stunning views, we deffinately earned our gelati in the end!!
With the girls heading to Venice i took the opportunity to visit Pompei seeing as i missed it last time in Italy! So off i was south of Rome, staying in Naples and hoping to stay clear of the Mafia!!! so far so good....not to worry!

Pompei one hour south of Naples along the coast is an amazing heritage site with wonderfully preserved ruins after being attacked by rushing lava from Mount Versuvia!! I was surprised at how massive this site was, a real village and after 5 hours of exploring, discovered full houses with rooms, paintings, mosaics on the floor, statues, extremely impressive! Found the
what a colorful bunch!!what a colorful bunch!!what a colorful bunch!!

Mireille, Malka and myself Via d'ell Amore, hiking from Riomaggiore, quint little Italian village
market area where you could see the counters they had pots of hot food to serve and after hunting through the maze of streets found actual remains of people trying to excape the horror!! The expressions on their faces said it all.....

The following day took a bus trip along the Amalfi coastline with my jaw in awww the whole time, pictures just won't do it justice! The cliffs and villages built all around was just out of this world...anyone interrested in investing with me?? Crystal, prestine blue waters!!! Positano was the most picturesque of all the villages i found. I was content just sitting on the beach all afternoon!! A real breathtaking day!

Heading back in a few days to meet the girls in Rome and flying out to Malaga Spain to finally meet my parents after 9 months on the road!

Finally all up to date sorry it's really been so long somehow it's easier now that i'm out of the highlands of Scotland!!!

hope you are all good
big hugs
Bridge


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

PompeiPompei
Pompei

Family trying to escape the eruption on Versuvia...incredible to find in such good condition after so many years!!!
coastal drivecoastal drive
coastal drive

What an amazing view looking back along the Amalfi coast and city!


Tot: 0.137s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0892s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb