Arrivederci Roma; Bon Giorno Pompei!


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Campania » Pompei
May 6th 2007
Published: May 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Arrivederci Roma; Bon Giorno Pompei!

 Europe » Italy » Pompei By carnelles
May 6th 2007
Eric
06 May 2007: Arrivederci Roma; Bon Giorno Pompei! Took the early morning train to Naples and connected on to Pompei. I vividly recall Mt. St. Helens eruptions in the 1980s and the seemingly endless towers of ash, so was interested to see Pompei. And it does not disappoint. The excavated area is huge. The large cobble stone boulevards with chariot ruts give it a sense of the real. The Roman houses, especially the ones with fountains at the entry, look like they would make for excellent living. There is art everywhere on the interior walls. And ancient political graffiti on the exterior street-facing walls. A fitting end to a great trip!


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



8th May 2007

Rats!
Here I sit - at work checking out what your are up to and where you are now - shush don't tell the boss - Don't you two ever work? Now you've got me wanting to head to the book store to get some materials to read up on the places you've been. This is so cool!!
27th May 2007

M's expertise...
Say how many times have you visited Pompei,M? But I agree it's worth it. You mentioned that the exclavated area had doubled since your first visit. Any changes this time?

Tot: 0.105s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 62; dbt: 0.0563s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb