Nice Sunday Drive


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Campania » Paestum
October 18th 2015
Published: December 13th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 40.4238, 15.0078

Sorry, the experience Bird says was nowhere close to the title. We drove the Amalfi Coast to the Greek City of Paestum where even tight wad Rick Steves says don't drive yourself. Actually, we considered his advice but couldn't find a taxi for the two hour drive. So we just enjoyed ourselves! We did, however, click way too many pictures, and we seem to be enjoying them more so including additional ones for you poor unfortunate recipients.

The drive was not as harrowing as Lake Como, perhaps as we have become a bit accustomed to Italian drivers. Nonetheless, the damn motorcycles wore us out. They would pass on hairpin curves and expect cars to move out of the way, although we were bigger. We concluded driving on this road was simply their Sunday thrill.

After writing most of this blog we went to dinner and there encountered a few Brits we rode on the train with to Pompeii. They were even more irritated with the motorcyclists than we. Needless to say (did we say that correctly Baby Bird) we elected to return by a different route.

Okay now for a bit about Paestum. This place was founded as a Greek colony in the early sixth century BC. Yep, that is a long time ago. Most of it is rubble, but the columns of the Temples remain, and remember these temples had roofs.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 12; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0283s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb