Naples and beyond


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Campania » Naples
July 13th 2016
Published: July 15th 2016
Edit Blog Post

P1010001P1010001P1010001

looking out he window
Bad internet connections stopped us writing travel blogs. This is the first time anywhere that we were not able to do that. Anyway we right now and carry on with our next stop we had and that was Naples. A city definitely different from other places in Italy. Sorry to say it is a very dirty place, where people have no pride in their city. They do whatever comes up in their mind. They park where they want , drive where they want, ignore all traffic lights and if they carry things not wanted anymore they just throw it away wherever they are. A real pity for it is such a wonderful place with beautiful churches, and monuments. We saw places that goes beyond your imagination. As a pedestrian you’re the best of. People cross the street wherever and stick up their hand to stop the traffic and in most cases they get away with it. Driving in Naples is a madhouse. The traffic stops all the time for pedestrians but that would be okay if they patiently wait behind you, NO they try to get passed on the left and right. Later people just told me, if you drive in Naples you drive anywhere. So true. We thought India was bad, comparing with Naples it was driving like a Sunday morning in Adelaide. We did see some very nice things in Naples. Here you go again, most are in churches and statues. We did a lot of walking to reach those places. One piazza called the Four Seasons tells the story of Spring, Summer, Autumn and Winter. We also visited a market but most of the sales people are from Africa. Breakfast in the south of Italy is a problem for us and People from America or Britain. The Italians eat in the morning Cakes. Chocolate, fruit cakes anything sweet. We rather have bread with smallgoods or bacon and eggs. So we settle for cereal's fruit and yogurt. We were three days in Naples and besides the filth we enjoyed our stay there. We now move to Reggio and take the ferry to Palermo. W e hope to meet up with you people, depending on the Internet, not so good the Italians say.


Additional photos below
Photos: 37, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

P1010005P1010005
P1010005

the market


Tot: 0.419s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 17; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0857s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb