Napoli


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Campania » Naples
September 15th 2011
Published: April 13th 2013
Edit Blog Post

We took a night train out of Sicily and into Napoli or Naples as its called in English. Our main objective of coming here was to visit Pompei and Vesuvius. We were quite tired after the hikes and action packed Sicily trip. So today was a perfect day to chill out and take a break. Napoli does not really have much to see, but of course its still southern Italy, food is still good. We walked around the city, just taking in the Italian surroundings. Its a smallish city, not very different for an Indian city. The surprise was numerous antenas on the rooftops. The streets are narrow and messy just like galis of India.

Walking to waterfront, I was surprised by a really nice view of Vesuvius and calm waters. We were quite excited about eating pizza here and were looking for nice place to eat. We ended up at a place that looked regular from outside, but was actually quite fancy. We were forced to order house wine and 2 pizzas. I was somewhat disappointed by the pizza. I like the Sicilian thin bread type much better. This one was thicker and mushy.

Next day we headed out to Pompeii, and after that on a fast train off to Florence which was kind of a highlight of trip.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.458s; Tpl: 0.021s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.2367s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb