Capri by Scooter


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Campania » Anacapri
October 5th 2014
Published: June 22nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 40.556, 14.2212

Caught train from Meta to Sorrento and then the Hydrofoil to Capri (30 mins). The island has various attractions spread all over so we hired a moped to see as much as possible. The only vehicles on the roads were tourist taxis, the local buses and others who had hired a moped so pretty quiet. The roads were few but all twisty and undulating. We visited Ana Capri, a picturesque inland town with lots of small shops and places to eat. We bought a pin badge for Tim's collection, a Pandora moped bead for my charm bracelet to remind me of our Amalfi experience and most importantly a sandwich to eat en-route. We stopped at Faro lighthouse overlooking an inlet where a few small boats had anchored and local children were diving into the sea off of rocks. We rode to the Grotto Azure and then back to the moped drop off and Hydrofoil departure point in Marina Grande just down from Capri town. We had a cafe latte, a beer and a Spritz (an bright orange Italian cocktail made with Prosecco, soda and Aperol orange liqueur) and people watched for an hour before heading back to the mainland.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.1s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 12; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0703s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb