The Beach - Meta


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Campania
October 4th 2014
Published: June 22nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 40.6423, 14.4101

After several days of sightseeing, we decided on a quiet day at the beach in Meta, which is a ten minute walk from our B. On the way down to the beach we booked ourselves a table at Tico Tico for the evening (recommended by our hostess and other B guests) We hired ourselves a sun bed and umbrella and stayed there all day reading with the exception of lunch which was a mozzarella, ham and lettuce roll which we ate on the beach terrace. As with all hot Mediterranean places the Amalfi coast has it's fair share of stray cats so most of our ham was donated to a little black cat with green eyes who also loved mozzarella! Poppie, take note and stop being so fussy! We came back from the beach at 6ish and has a missed call from our neighbours, Bill and Jackie who had arrived in Sorrento yesterday and knew we were here. Their hotel is 7km away on the opposite side of town so we cancelled our table in Meta and braved the evening traffic (same crazy conditions as during the day but in the dark!) to eat with them instead. We got back at midnight having had lovely unexpected evening with friends.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Meta beachMeta beach
Meta beach

Complete with volcanic coloured sand


Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0364s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb