Cashel, Cahir and Muckross house


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland
July 1st 2012
Published: June 16th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 52.5168, -7.89117

this morning we started with breakfast at our hotel. slept great, BTW. I had these awesome banana pancakes. Tom went for the Irish breakfast..including blood sausage which he enjoyed. four kinds of meat with his breakfast, wow.

Walked to the Rock of Cashel, which is the ruins of a cathedral and monastery. Good visit, great cemetery. Stopped at the bakery on the way out of town. Totally yummy and so cheap. chocolate chocolate chip muffin and mini loaf of bread for 1.20.

Drove about 30 minutes to the Cahir Castle, which is a castle ruins on the river. they allowed you to climb all over the castle and walls. Great views and lots to see. Tiny scary narrow stares. Would never be open to the public in the states.

the driving is getting better. Only a few near misses today. The roads were a little wider sometimes.

the others weird thing about driving on the left...on the mutli lane highway, the passing lane is on the right.

the drive from Cahir to Dingle was about 3 hours, so we decided to stop at Muckross Farms, which turned out to be really cool. It is a working farm, but they have it setup for tourist demos. they show what farm life was like in the 1930 and 1940 s before they had electricity. We got to sample soda bread that they made right there in the fireplace. Yummy..with fresh butter.

got to pet goats, horse, puppies, calves, skipped the kittens and just missed getting to milk the cow.

Rained on and off during the day, but never very hard.

made it to dingle and ran into Jim and Sallie and the boys. Jim joined us for a beer while we ate dinner at Murphy's Pub. I had an excellent Dingle Bay salmon. we have sampled the Guinness, the cider and smith wick. (Tom will order anything and we get to taste)

Getting pretty late. I emailed the pictures to the blog, but too tired to wait to publish them. They might not hit the blog until tomorrow.

Advertisement



3rd July 2012

How could you possibly skip the kittens??????

Tot: 0.16s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0568s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb