Ireland Trip 2017


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland
June 2nd 2017
Published: June 2nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

We are going on a trip to Ireland joining a group with the Caravan and Camping Club. We have to make our own way there with our own motorhome or caravan. We are taking our caravan.

We left our home in Dorset later than intended at 11:45 and set off for M5 on first stage of the trip. We arrived in Wyre Piddle around 4. It was a very hot journey and we were glad to set up and have a cup of tea! We had tried to book a CL but that site was full and owner had said he could put us on the river side. When we arrived he apologised as he had forgotten he had a rally staying but managed to find us a spot nearby which was fine for the night. We're in a boatyard beside the River Avon. The village is pretty with white and black timber framed thatched houses.

When we had revived we went into Malvern to visit Simon's cousin Bissy and husband David. It was lovely to see them. Their garden was pretty in the evening sunshine. They have a lovely pink rambling rose trailing over the front of the garden. We had a pleasant evening, fish and chip supper and strawberries and raspberries and cream to follow. Then it was back to the van for a good night's sleep. So far the only thing we have remembered we have forgotten is a flask of cold water!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.338s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0497s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb