Heading out and about


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland
March 16th 2012
Published: March 17th 2012
Edit Blog Post

We headed out to Howth and further on to Greystanes for a stroll in the rain! YES today the rain caught up with us, very fine but very cold!!! Both are costal villages and very pretty.

train trips to both places, we thought we could get fish and chips at Greystanes but NO, we ended up with nothing - well chinese for 12.50 euros per head - or Mc d's. So ii was Irish beef on the mcd's that won.

Walking around Dubllin we constantly come across memorials to bombings, it's made for long conversations with the kids about civil wars, religion and terrorism. It is very confronting to see in 1974 three car bombs went off in one day here, killing so many people. Has certainly made the kids reflect on the differences between home and here.

Freezing by the time we got back here - my plan was to sleep - but no, more trip planning to be done as only 99 days till Oasis of the seas!!!. 2 hours later I gave up and we headed out to dinner. On O'Connell st - Maddigans emporium, Kids -fish and chips, me irish stew and soda bread!, Greg beef and guinness pie (with a few pints of Killkenny). highly recommend it!


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Deadliest catchDeadliest catch
Deadliest catch

Closest I'll get, janey you know i love my crab men!
The rain comesThe rain comes
The rain comes

not sure if my funky union jack umbrellas work in ireland!


20th March 2012

Catch any Irish crabs?
Haha! xx
22nd March 2012

What a Combo
Crab Men, and Train Pole Dancing - Can this holiday get any better. Greg, Love the Kilkenny but its been some time. Might need to get me one of them soon!!! Good to see the precious out and about.. More of it I say!!

Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0328s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb